my eldeberrybush - Knowledgebase Question

butler, Pe
Question by rssbutl
i have a bush that has been in my yard for four years.Every spring it leafs out beautiful grows bigger then in about two months it is half brown and looks like itt is dying i am thinking i will never get a berry

0

Elderberries are usually easy to grow and prefer moist, fertile, well-drained soil with a pH between 5.5 and 6.5, but will tolerate a wide range of soil texture, fertility, and acidity. They don't like swampy areas and won't tolerate poor drainage so if your plant is not thriving, the soil may not be draining properly. Since your elderberry is suffering, you may need to dig out your shrub, amend the soil so it drains well and then replant. Be sure to water it deeply once each week so it gets the moisture it needs and can remain healthy, green and productive. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"