plant problem - Knowledgebase Question

North Smithfield, Rh
Question by llunghi
I purchased 6 dwarf garden phlox plants. They were all planted within a 10 foot area. One of them has turned yellow and is drying up. The others are fine. I fertilized and amended the soil before planting. Is there anything that can be done to save it?

0

Phlox can sometimes develop a fungal disease and once it involves the vascular system, there's no cure. You can try cutting the plant back to remove the diseased parts and spores and your plant may recover, or you may end up pulling the plant and replacing it with a healthy new plant. The disease can strike because the plant itself was stressed, not because of anything in particular you did or did not do. It sounds as though you prepared the soil well and since you have 5 healthy plants and one puny plant, I'd chalk it up to a weak plant, susceptible to disease organisms. Hope it recovers!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"