Bunnies - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Prairie, Te
Question by jimenezconsu
What I can do to get rid of rabbits??? They eat all my flowers and plants.

0

I don't think there's a list of plants that rabbits won't eat, but there are a number of animal repellent sprays that would help deter rabbits from eating the flowers. Try 'Get Away' or 'Deer Away'. 'Deer Away' is efffective in deterring deer and rabbits and lasts 7-10 days without washing off. Fencing is another option. To be most effective, a 1" chicken wire fence needs to be 2 feet high and buried at least 6 inches deep around your flowers. Consider also interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold or Dusty Miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma. Also, you can make your own animal repellent mixture by mixing a few teaspoons of cayenne pepper, and a dash of soap in a quart of water. Spray on the plants you want to protect. You can try to scare rabbits from your garden by burying empty pop bottles with the tops poking up a few inches above the ground. The eerie whistle that results when the wind blows can scare them away. Sprinkling blood meal, ground hot peppers or human or dog hair around plants is also sometimes effective. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"