very small snails - Knowledgebase Question

vero beach, Fl
Question by jdawson7975
i have just moved to fl.everything i plant dies. they are loaded with these very small snails.they have attached themselves to my catcas,my iris,flowers. just everything. please help me if you can.i am no longer planting anything because of the monsters.

Snails are a fact of life in most parts of Florida. Hand picking is usually recommended but I know this can be time consuming and not very effective if there's a large population. Try using the iron based bait called Sluggo. It is harmless to people, pets and wildlife but will control the snails. Any bait not consumed by the snails will break down into simple iron and be absorbed by the earth. Give it a try before you give up on your garden. Good luck with your eradication project!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"