bell pepper - Knowledgebase Question

LAPLACE, Lo
Question by bowlady1939
my pepper plants are full of peppers all colors but my peppers are staying small can you tell me what did i do wrong.

0

You may not be doing anything at all wrong. Some pepper plants just naturally produce lots of small peppers where other types will produce fewer but larger peppers. The more fruits your plant has, the more energy it takes to develop them to maturity. If you harvest the ripe peppers just as their color turns, your plant will redirect the energy it was using to support that pepper and use it to produce more flowers and more peppers. So, don't leave the peppers on the plants any longer than is needed. Harvest them when they are the right color - they won't get any larger once they've matured and begin to turn color.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"