PLANTED FROM SEED - Knowledgebase Question

monroe, Ne
Question by richiecarol
THANKS FOR THE GREAT DETAILED EXPLANATION ABOUT CUTTING BACK ON THE BUTTERFLY BUSH. QUESTION, I PLANTED NASTURIUM, SWEET PEA AND CYPRESS VINES IN THE MIDDLE OF APRIL (INDOORS OF COURSE)I TRANSPLANTED THEM TO POTS TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE MANY ANIMALS THAT VISIT MY PROPERTY. THE CYPRESS VINE AND NASTURIUM ARE DOING GREAT(STRONG LEAVES BUT NO FLOWERS YET. THE SWEET PEAS NOT SO GOOD. WHEN FLOWERS??

0

Your nasturtiums and cypress vines will flower when the weather remains nice and warm so I suspect you'll see flowers within the next two weeks. Sweet peas generally flower in the cool weather so I'm not sure why yours are so tardy. They may need a little more sunshine? Since your plants are in pots you should be able to move them to sunnier spots if they're getting too much shade. Other than lack of adequate sunshine, too much fertilizer can keep plants from flowering. I'd withhold fertilizer and see if that helps. Good luck with your plants!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"