Flowers not returning - Knowledgebase Question

Clayton, No
Question by jlabeff1
I have African Daisys in hanging baskets in full sun. As the flowers died off I cliped them off. The flowers seem to keep coming strong for abot 4 weeks then they thined out. After 8 to 10 weeks now there are no more flowers but the plant looks very good. How do I get the flowers to come back like before. Did I do wrong by cliping the dead ones off?

0

African daisies typically flower all summer until frost so I'm not sure what is going on with yours. Regular deadheading will encourage even more flowers. About the only things that will keep them from flowering are inadequate sunshine (all day is best), or too much nitrogen fertilizer (which will promote lots of green growth but sometimes at the expense of flowers). You might try cutting your plants back a little to encourage new flowering stems. It won't hurt the plants and it may be just the thing it needs to promote flowering. Hope it works and your plants begin flowering profusely again. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"