Flowering shrubs - Knowledgebase Question

Romulus, Mi
Question by kander8404
I am not sure how to word this question, but i need help. I just put down a planted some perennials around a concrete patio, that needs some kind of bed to hold some of the perennials in place. (something inexpensive because I still have some other projects to do

I also need help with finding out which flowering shrub that I can use on each side of this patio. thank you very much. Kim

Your question isn't all that clear to me, but it sounds like you need to put in an edging or a border on the far side of your planting area. You can do this simply. Start by measuring the area on the back side of your planting area (most planting beds are about 12" deep from the patio to the edge of the bed). Once you have your measurements you'll know how much plastic or metal edging material you will need or how many bricks or stones you'll need to make a border. You can take your measurements (and a simple sketch) into your garden center for help in choosing materials. You can just dig a shallow trench to install the edging or the bricks. As for shrubs, you can use a dwarf flowering Azalea, or a dwarf flowering almond, or a standard size shrub, depending upon how much room you have for the shrub. Check the plant labels for the mature size of the shrubs you like to make sure they will fit in the area you have in your garden. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"