roebelenii Palms - Knowledgebase Question

New Orleans, Lo
Question by alanjcousin
I have 3 roebelenii palms and as a result of the hard winter we had last year all of the palm leaves died. Only 1 of the nine branches(3 per tree) have new leaf growth. Can I expect the others to return yo healthy leaf growth?

0

The answer to your question really depends upon whether or not the growth bud at the top of the trunk and under the fronds was killed during the frosty weather. If the growth bud is still alive, new fronds will develop after the palm has recovered and built up enough strength to develop a frond. I'm afraid only time will tell. In the meantime, go ahead and prune off the obviously dead fronds and water your palms as usual. I hope they recover!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"