Hanging flower pots - Knowledgebase Question

Garden Grove, Ca
Question by ducksta88
I purchased two hanging moss planters with Million bells and another flower from Home Depot. I have had them only 1 week and they are all wilted!! the soil feels moist so i thought maybe i overwatered them but then why arent they turning yellow? What can i do to revive them as they were so beautiful? i feel like i kill flowers all the time!! help :(

0

Overwatering can cause the leaves to yellow but it might also cause the roots to suddenly die. When soil is too moist it excludes oxygen. Plant roots need oxygen as well as moisture. Without oxygen, the roots can simply die before the leaves have a chance to turn yellow. You can try cutting back the tops of the plants. Pruning encourages new growth. If the roots are still healthy you'll see lots of new growth emerging from just below the pruning cuts. I hope your plants recover!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"