Groundcover - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Christy Estrada
Casa Grande, Ar
Question by cecasagrande
I want to replace the rock mulch in front of my living room window with groundcover to help with the heat. I'm thinking aptenia or mexican evening primrose, but what factors should I be taking into consideration?

0

There are a number of plants appropriate for groundcovers in your gardening region. Of course summer is not the time to try to plant and establish them. Instead, wait until the cooler weather of October or November. Soil preparation will be necessary - removing the rock and amending the soil with organic matter to help it hold moisture are two of the tasks. Arizona State University has a 14 page publication detailing the best groundcover plants and how to plant and care for them. Here's the web address: http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/g...
I hope you find it helpful. Best wishes with your project.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"