Citrus trees - Knowledgebase Question

Chandler, Ar
Question by cherisebenne
I have 2 new citrus trees that were doing well and suddenly leaves began curling & turning yellow. I'm in Phoenix AZ and the heat has increased, but I am deep watering them. What's happened?

0

The key here is "new". It can take citrus trees a full year to establish and begin to grow well in the Phoenix area. Some leaf drop should be expected from these evergreen trees, and some yellowing is also normal now that summer weather has arrived. You may want to give your trees a dose of Ironite to help them green up. Our soils are quite alkaline and iron will help keep the leaves green. Be sure to apply in amounts as recommended on the label (which vary depending upon the size of the plant). Good luck with your citrus trees.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"