Fertilize Magnolias/ - Knowledgebase Question

Blairsville, Ge
Question by magnolia614
I have a Magnolia tree that doesn't look very good. It is not very full and did not bloom. Is there a fertilizer I can use to encourage growth and blooming for next year?

0

I'd fertilize the tree with a complete fertilizer that hasa higher middle number, phosphorus, which encourages flowering. A 5-10-10 is a good choice. Place it in numerous shallow (5" deep) holes throughout the area beneath the branch spread of the tree. The fertilizer label will recommend a specific amount of fertilizer for the size of your tree. Measure out that amount of fertilizer and then apply as suggested above. Don't use more than the recommended amount of fertilizer - you can burn the roots if you overdo it! Hope this does the trick and your magnolia blooms for you next year.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"