I have billions of tiny white insects on a shrub... - Knowledgebase Question

Seymour, In
Question by carolokumc
I have billions of tiny white bugs/insects on a shrub. I'm not sure what the shrub is, but it turns yellow after in mid summer. What do I do to get rid of them? Also, I have a cherry tree about 30 feet away and something is eating tiny holes in the leaves,to the point the leaf will look like lace. Could it be the same bug/insect? What should I do? Thanks!

Tiny white bugs could be aphids or whiteflies and these can be controlled with insecticidal soaps. I'm not sure what's bothering your cherry tree. It could be shot hole disease or the holes may be the result of insect feeding. Captan will help control a fungal disease. If the holes are not shot hole disease, you'll need to find and identify the insect pests before you can choose the proper spray to control them. Good luck with your garden.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"