passion fruit - Knowledgebase Question

lake forest, Ca
Question by ivyspenc
I bought the plant from HD a year ago. It flourishes and gets flowers which don't set to fruit? If I have an e-mail address I can send photos

Flowers of the purple passion fruit vine are self-fertile but those of the yellow passion fruit vine are sterile and will never develop fruit. If your plant is the purple passion fruit vine, it will develop fruit when it's mature (usually by age 3), and if the flowers are pollinated. My research indicates cutter bees are the most efficient pollinators, but honeybees will do an adequate job. So, to encourage bee activity in your garden you might want to surround your passion fruit vine with some colorful annuals or perennials. Or, you can try hand pollinating the flowers by visiting each open flower with a soft brush. Best wishes with your passion fruit!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"