My customers need help. - Knowledgebase Question

Bronx, Ne
Question by zor214rodrig
I work in the garden in Home Depot. Many customers have come seeking help for their evergreens and shrubs saying that they were doing well, but this year they started to dry from the bottom up, and only the top of the tree has green. I would like to know why might be causing this condition, or it is that the roots are not growing, Pleas help, Zoraima Rodriguez

When the bottom branches begin to brown and die back, the cause is almost always overwatering (or planting in a poorly draining spot in the landscape), or the plants may have been planted too deeply. Caution your customers to always plant landscape trees and shrubs so they are sitting at the same soil level as they were growing in the nursery pot, as to make sure the soil drains quickly prior to planting. I'm not aware of any specific disease or insect problem in your immediate growing area but you might want to contact your local cooperative extension office to see if they have any pest alerts. Contact Cornell University Cooperative Extension, 16 East 34th Street
New York, NY 10016-4368, phone (212) 340-2900.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"