Wedding Space - Knowledgebase Question

clyde, No
Question by richard_curl
Need some ideas on making a regular back yard into nice place for a wedding. Not sure where to start.

0

There's no easy answer to your question! I'd start by sketching out the yard, to scale, if possible. Then decide where the wedding ceremony will take place, where you'd like to place the seating for your guests, where the reception area will be, etc. Identify these areas on your sketch. Be sure to include enough room for your guests to mill around and visit. You might want to include an arbor or a trellis to designate a walk way or the place where the ceremony will take place. The remaining areas of your yard are where you'll be decorating with flowers, shrubs, etc. There are lots of colorful annuals and perennials you can either plant in the ground or in containers to set around the yard. Your choices will depend upon the month when the wedding will take place and whether the planting sites are sunny or shady - and whether or not you want to have a theme - all white, pink and green, yellow, etc. You might want to check with the bride to see if she has a color preference or a favorite flower. I think once you get started on the planning, more ideas will come to you and lots of people in the wedding party will have ideas to share. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"