using pvc to make soaker hose - Knowledgebase Question

largo, Fl
Question by chelioo2
I have about 40 feet of flower bed and use a soaker hose,.I use very little pressure but the hoses keep springing leaks and the effort on my part is getting too much to handle.I woud like to make something that doesn't need repairing.I have bought at least 4 soaker hoses in the last few years

0

You can make a drip system out of PVC pipe but I don't think you can make a soaker hose out of PVC. You wouldn't be able to make small enough holes for the water to weep out and you'd need really high water pressure to make it work. Instead, use PVC pipe as a way to deliver water to rubber noodles you install in the pipe. The rubber tubing can then be set near the plants you want to water. Or, purchase a drip system (comes in a package with all the parts you'll need). Good luck with your project.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"