pole beans - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by goplgolf1944
Hi. I have several plants that are 5' tall,they have many flowers on them but they do not fruit, I live in east tennessee, can you tell me what my problem is ? Many Thanks

0

I don't think there's a real answer to your question. If the beans are flowering but not developing into beans, either the weather is too hot or there's no insect activity in your garden. You need bees or wasps or flies to visit the flowers and transfer pollen. If the weather is really hot pollen can sometimes be rendered sterile so whether or not it is transferred by insects, beans won't develop. I think you'll just have to be patient with your beans. I'm sure they will eventually produce for you. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"