Majesty Palm - Knowledgebase Question

Adairsville, Ge
Question by micheledh25
A lot of the leaves on my indoor Majesty Palm are suddenly starting to turn brown. What could cause this?

Overwatering is the usual cause for brown leaves. Generally speaking, all palms will respond to the following care: Average warmth, minimum 50F degrees in the winter. Winter nighttime temperatures should not exceed 60F. Palms should be kept out of direct sunshine; most thrive in low light conditions. Palms need fast draining soil and like slightly dry conditions in the winter; water liberally in the spring and summer. Mist the leaves in the winter if the humidity in the house is low. Avoid drafts. Repot only when the plant is thoroughly pot-bound; palms don't like to be disturbed. When you do repot, compact the soil around the rootball. Try to improve each condition and I think your palm will respond favorably.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"