bad soil - Knowledgebase Question

spring, Te
Question by aguilarmom
I have 2 beds that hadn't been tended in some time. I planted herbs, lantana(now drying even though they R being watered), tomato, squash, cucumber,strawberry,lime, lemon hyrdrangeas(2). The plants R growing but R not producing flowers or vegetables. Is there anything I can do now?

0

If you're watering regularly and the plants are not growing you can try spreading a few inches of compost over the bare soil between the plants. If possible, dig it into the soil. Compost will help provide nutrients to the plant roots as well as keep weeds from popping up. Sometimes plants take a month or so to adjust to their new growing sites so if you've only recently planted them, they are probably trying to establish their roots rather than new top growth. Your lantana and vegetables need at least 8 hours of direct sunshine each day in order to grow and flower; your hydrangeas can get along with about 4 hours of morning sunshine. Try the compost first. If you still don't see topgrowth in 2-3 weeks and the exposure to sunshine is correct, you can try a foliar application of fertilizer (such as Miracle Gro or Miracid). Hope this does the trick!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "