Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

San Diego, Ca
Question by elite_7
I have 125 sq ft of yard. I stsarted it wit Scotts Ez seed. For approximately one month my yard grew immaculately. I cut it and immediately spread Scotts weed control fertilizer. I 've waited another month for the soil to mature. I've since spread Scotts tall fescue grass seed. My yard has been slow to respond.
What approach is suggested I take next?
Thank you.

The general rule of thumb is to mow new grass 2-3 times before applying weed control products so you may have applied it too soon. New grass needs several weeks to establish and healthy root system and become strong enough to tolerate weed control products. Applying weed control that contains a pre emergent will keep seeds (both weed and turfgrass) from germinating. If that's what you applied, the new grass seeds will have a hard time sprouting. At this point, all you can do is water on a regular basis to keep your lawn green. Wait 2-3 months (or whatever waiting period is listed on the weed control product) and then overseed your lawn again. By this fall you should have a healthy green lawn. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"