Beans - Knowledgebase Question

Dededo, Gu
Question by mveyonip
I planted lima beans and it looked healthy with green folliage, the problem when it starts flowering which is really encouraging and I was looking forward to see veggies, but like what happened to my tomatoes the bloom rots and dries up until everything fall to the ground, no lima beans. What do I need to do, HELP

Excessively hot weather can cause vegetables to drop their flowers without setting fruit. You may be planting at the wrong time of year. Since your climate can be hot most of the year you'll have better success with your veggies if you plant them during the coolest months, with the expectation of harvesting before the hot weather arrives. Sometimes planting in November proves more successful than planting in the spring. You might check with the University of Guam Cooperative Extension office for a vegetable planting calendar so you can get the most out of your crops. Best wishes with your lima beans!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"