Blueberry bush - Knowledgebase Question

Layton, Ut
Question by defur2
I have a blueberry bush and it suffered some cold wind damage to the leaves. They seemed to come back, but the leaves are now turning partially brown and dry.I can only do container planting and they are in a very large container,I have sandy soil and nothing grows very well. My other plants (raspberry shrub, tomatoes, etc)are doing great.I water and fertilize according to directions.

Droughty conditions and wind burn can cause the browning foliage, but so can fungal diseases and insect problems. It's really difficult to diagnose without seeing the plant. I'd be inclined to prune off the affected leaves. New growth that emerges should be healthy and remain green. By pruning off the affected plant parts you'll be able to remove any insect or disease problem from the plant. Good luck with your blueberry!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"