Watering question - Knowledgebase Question

Cabot, Ar
Question by jbkamelot
How often should I be watering my recently installed St. Augistine sod. It is part sun part shade and our daytems are in the low to hight 90's.

I applied a fertlizer prior to installing and then a high nitrogen fertlizer about 2 weeks later. I also have applied a grub and cinch bug insectiside and also as a precaution a fungicide. The sod has been in approx 1 month and has been mowed twice.

0

Your St. Augustine should be watered deeply once or twice a week. St. Augustine loves water! Set your sprinklers to deliver about a half inch of water each time you turn them on (usually 15-20 minutes of run time). Twice a week should do it in the hot summer weather. Enjoy your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"