WEED IDENTIFICATION AND ERADICATION - Knowledgebase Question

Tampa, Fl
Question by dmdcarol
Have a weed that is defying eradication in our neighboring lawns. Neighbor even used Round-Up on a small section and the weed survived! It is NOT clover. Round leaf about 1/2

0

I can't identify the weed without seeing but I wonder if it is Creeping Charlie (also called ground ivy). Control of ground ivy in lawns is difficult. The key to control is the use of the proper broadleaf herbicide, one that contains dicamba. Trimec and Ortho's Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer for Lawns are two widely sold products that contain dicamba. Fall (mid-September through early November) is generally the best time to control ground ivy. Two applications are usually necessary. The second application should be 14 days after the first. As always, when using pesticides, read and follow label directions carefully.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"