Indoor flowerbed - Knowledgebase Question

los angeles, Ca
Question by jylee2
I've recently moved in to a condo in downtown LA. I love plants/flowers, so I brought a bunch of them in pots. I have a good space alongside the windows so I'm thinking of builidng a flowerbed and moving the plants from the pots. I need to know where to start: how to design the flowerbed(as to drainage), how to best maintain it, etc. Can you help?

You can build a windowbox out of wood and line it with a plastic liner, then place a plastic planter inside. As long as there are drainage holes in the plastic planter so excess water can drain, your window box will be a healthy place for your plants. Or you can simply build a window box and set your plastic pots into it, covering over the exposed pot rims with spaghnum moss. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"