Snails in my garden - Knowledgebase Question

Yulee, Fl
Question by duggerld
I live in Jacksonville FL & I was a TON of small snails in my garden. I have tried the beer trick & it only help with 5 or 6 of them. I need a way to get rid of these critters without hurting my dogs & 17 month old son.

0

Slugs and snails will live in all kinds of protected places, which includes in garden debris, and even under hedges where it is cool and shady. I understand your thoughts of kindness in using beer traps, but they do take a long time to affect a large population. Another way to deal with them is with the iron based bait called Sluggo. They consume the bait then go off to die. I prefer this over the dehydrating metaldehyde baits. Sluggo is harmless to people, pets and wildlife, is very efficient. And, any that is not consumed breaks down into simple iron which is good for the soil. Give it a try.

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"