Passion Vine bugged! - Knowledgebase Question

Pemb. PInes, Fl
Question by heshalladdli
I have a passion vine and the the flower buds are faaling off before they bloom. I found some leaffooted insects and removed aboutt 6 of them.. I reaaly haven't seen any since. i prefer not to use chemicals that will kil the benificials or butterflies. Please help! Also the leaves are not green as they should be but have a lot of yellowing. Thank you!

0

If the leaves are yellowing and the buds dropping before they open, it sounds like a water stress problem to me. Could be too much or too little. Your passion vine needs a deep soaking about twice a week during the hottest months of the year. The goal is to keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy wet. Try feeding your plant with a 5-10-10 fertilizer and changing your watering practices and I think your plant will perk up and open those intriguing flowers. Good luck with your passion flower vine!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"