Propagation of trees - Knowledgebase Question

Englewood, Co
Question by shermpl
How do I get the cuttings I take from trees grow into new trees. I use root hormones and spray the cuttings frequently. All my attempts to grow the cuttings have failed. What should I do to be successful in my endeavers. Thank you for your help. Sherman

The success rate with tip cuttings isn't always high. Sometimes you need soft wood cuttings or semi ripe cuttings in order to get them to root. The process really depends upon the type of tree you're trying to propagate. And, these cuttings can sometimes take months to actually root so you may not be giving them adequate time. Submit another question indicating the type of tree you're trying to propagate and we'll provide more specific information on that particular species.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"