Bindweed or Morning Glory - Knowledgebase Question

Salt Lake City, Ut
Question by cindymsadler
How can I kill the bindweed in my lawn without killing my lawn?

0

Bindweed can be very difficult to control! I use a two-pronged method. First, lawn herbicides containing dicamba such as Trimec, Weed-B-Gon or Weed-Out can kill or at least weaken the plants. Hand pulling whatever you see popping up and whenever you see it is the second phase of this method and requires persistence. Bindweed produces enough energy to start strengthening the roots when it reached the six-leaf stage. When pulling, never allow plants to produce more than six leaves. If you do, the leaves will be able to transport energy back to the roots and the roots will just keep sending up new shoots. By pulling the plants and keeping the vines from producing leaves, the roots will eventually run out of energy and will die off. Best wishes with your bindweed eradication project!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"