insect? - Knowledgebase Question

wethersfield, Co
Question by sandygulbran
What is the insect that looks like a ladybug that is eating my lillies? What can I do?

0

There are three primary methods of eliminating red lily beetles once you find them in your garden. The first method is to hand pick the eggs and adult beetles off each flower. The second method is to use carbaryl or malathion insecticides, which are effective in eliminating both the adults and the larvae. Unfortunately, this insecticide is also toxic to bees and other harmless insects that are attracted to lilies. The third method is to use neem. This is an insecticide derived from the neem tree and available at your local garden center. This product will kill larvae and repel adult beetles without poisoning other types of insects. For the best results, this should be applied five to seven days after the eggs hatch.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"