weak orchids - Knowledgebase Question

Long Beach, Ca
Question by mef2961
my orchids looks very weak the blooms are so so soft and weak that i dont know what to do in order to help her, so can I get some advice plz tnx

0

It sounds as though your orchid needs more light. Here are a few general care rules: Orchids need ample humidity, so put the pot on a pebble-filled tray and keep water in it. Also keep the soil moist. When watering, use tepid, not cold water. Mist the leaves occasionally. Orchids need 10-15 hours of bright light each day, but keep them out of direct sunlight. They prefer daytime temperatures of about 70F in summer and 60F in winter, with a 10 degree drop at night. Keep them out of cold drafts, feed them during the summer months with a low nitrogen fertilizer, and let them become pot-bound (they flower more freely when their toes are pinched). I hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"