How to make bouganvillas bloom - Knowledgebase Question

houston, Te
Question by polarisver
I have three bouganvillas all in fairly small pots for the size of the plants. I have let one completely dry out watering it just before it died...still no blooms.
What else can I try

0

Bougainvilleas bloom on a six week cycle, growing, flowering, resting, then growing and flowering and resting again. While they don't like overly wet soils, they will die without adequate moisture. Try watering once or twice a week, depending upon how well the soil drains in the pots. Give them lots of sunshine and allow them to become root bound in the pots - they grow better when their toes are pinched. Withhold fertilizer and I think your plant will bloom for you. If they aren't putting out new growth, prune them back to encourage the growth, bloom, rest cycle. Hope this does the trick for you~

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"