Diseased roses - Knowledgebase Question

Tinley Park, Il
Question by Preventure
I had Nearly Wild Roses in my front landscaping. Fro the last 2 years they developed this strange looking vine. I was told that this was a disease and I would need to pull them out and I would never be able to plant roses in this area again. I did pull them out but my landscaping looks bare in these spots and I can't figure out what to put in their place. Can I put roses again? Any suggestions

I'm at a loss to determine what the strange looking vine might have been. As a rule, diseases don't turn into vines. Instead, they affect the foliage, stems and/or leaves of roses which in turn die if the disease is not controlled. If you don't want to replant roses, try a different type of flowering shrub such as rose of Sharon or abelia. Good luck with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"