Cherry Tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

San Diego, Ca
Question by oscar_villar
Bought a Tomato from HD 2 weeks ago. I picked one with fruits-flowers thinking was good idea. Some of the leaves turned yellow, I did remove

0

Yellowing leaves on tomato plants is quite common and can be caused by a variety of things, including transplant shock, over- or underwatering and lack of nitrogen. Tomatoes like rich, moist soil that's has plenty of organic matter and drains well. Tomatoes need nitrogen at the start of their growing for green healthy leaves. Your worm compost is a good addition and you may want to continue adding it, depending on how rich your soil is. Water well before and after applying.

Tomatoes are moisture sensitive and need a regular supply of water to thrive and produce fruit. How often to water depends on your particular soil's characteristics. You want to keep it uniformly moist, but not soaking wet, to a depth of 12-18 inches. Finally, tomato pollen isn't viable much over 90 degrees, so fruits won't set. What have your temperatures been? Another possibility is that the flowers aren't being pollinated at all. Try gently tapping and shaking your plants in the early morningto see if you can get some fruit to set. I hope this information helps with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"