what is eating my fig leaves? - Knowledgebase Question

houston, Te
Question by lyneade
the young tree is stressed, with other problems as well, but something is eating the leaves ... probably at night.

should i try a garlic water spray? Other ideas???

I don't know exactly what might be eating the leaves of your plants. And yes try avoiding an insecticide if the problem isn't too severe such as an insecticidal soap. If you decide to use an insecticide, a widely used insecticed is a Permethrin based insecticide. Permethrin is the oldest, and most common of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are three examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"