After the concrete was poured, finished, and decorated with leaf impressions, it was etched, and then it was stained a dark color to help absorb any direct sunlight. Crushed stone and quarry waste were tamped in the center and the brick was set.
We used 1 x 6 ripped composite deck boards, Tek screwed over sill foam to the concrete to attach the base of the GH, rather than the stone channel that came with it, and started assembly. The clips that bolted to the uprights were modified to be screwed to the composite. This resulted in a sturdy frame to work from.
We back filled against the concrete, and the job was done.
Last winter I mulched around the GH with straw to help protect the edges from the cold and held it in place with the strips of carpet I use on the garden walks. I didn't quite get that done this year, I ran out of time before I had back surgery.