A great way to showcase your plant combinations, whether beds or containers. It can also be a useful way to keep track of what you have growing in your beds/containers when some things may be dormant.
Just follow the easy steps:
1. Click on ‘Webapps’
2. Click on ‘Image Sets’
3. Click on ‘Add an image’
4. & 5. Click on ‘Upload an image’
When the ‘File Upload’ box appears find the photo you want to use and click okay.
6. Click on ‘Proceed with tagging this image’.
7. Using your mouse, place your cursor over the plant you want to ID. Hold down the left click on your mouse and drag the size box you want. Release mouse. If you don’t like the box, double click it and it will be deleted. Start again.
8. After making the box a small box will pop up.
9. Type the name of the plant and click OK. Or you can use the other method of using the ID number of the plant. You will find this number in the database by going to the plant you are identifying. The last option is you can copy and paste a link to the plant.
10. Completed photo with information boxes. When you mouse over the photo the boxes will show the plant names.
11. To use the photo ID number from the database, this is where you will find it. Copy and paste it into the information box in step 8. Alternatively, copy the web address of that page in its entirety into the information box.
If you use the plant ID number from the Plant Database instead of typing in the name of plant, it will show a list of plants in your photo, just above the photo. And each plant will link to the entry in the database. Notice in the below photo that the only plant listed above the photo is Helianthus annuus 'Mammoth'. That is because it was the only plant I tagged using the plant ID number.
It works to use two windows open when doing the copy/paste
See below photo, click and enjoy your newly created ‘Image Set’.
If at any time you want to change it, you can do it easily, see below photo.
|Thread Title||Last Reply||Replies|
|Nicely done! Great tutorial for a great new feature! by woofie||Jun 13, 2013 7:12 AM||7|