The Q&A Archives: Dwarf globe serbian spruse dead after 3 months of planting

Question: I had a dwarf globe serbian spruce. Initial planting - 3 months ago. Appeared to be doing well , I noticed many needles starting to fall off about 1-2 weeks ago. All branches are now bare and brittle.What are the possible causes of this and in your opinion will it come back or is it gone for good? I watered every 2-3 days in full sun. Checked for spider mites -none. Please respond,thank you!!!

Answer: Unfortunately, based on your description I am not certain what happened however if it has lost all of its needles then it is probably dead. I would suggest you work with your retailer and/or county extension to determine what happened, it could be due to a wide variety of factors including over or underwatering, inappropriate soil, transplant shock, poor rooting, or a pest or disease problem. I am really sorry about your plant.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "Lilium 'Pink Perfection'"