The Q&A Archives: Landscape bushes/shrubs

Question: I am looking for easy to grow landscape bush/shrubs to plant on the eastside of my home. I get the a.m. sun. I was thinking I would like a bush that is colorful but not necessarily one that flowers. Would Holly bushes be a good choice. Thank you

Answer: Here are a few suggestions for your landscape:
Silver Sword Azalea (Azalea x 'Silver Sword'). It is evergreen, grows 3' tall and 5' wide, has a moderate growth rate and variegated deep green leaves with yellow margins. It also produces bright pink flowers that mature to red.

Littleleaf Boxwood (Buxus microphylla) is a non-flowering evergreen growing 3-4' tall and wide. It has a slow growth rate and medium green foliage.

Bonanza Camellia (Camellia sasanqua 'Bonanza') is an evergren growing 4-5' tall and wide. It has a slow growth rate and shiny, rich dark green leaves. This one produces scarlet blooms in September and October.

Holly bushes will grow nicely in the area, as well. Good luck with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "Lilium 'Pink Perfection'"