Page 902 of 989 • 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 989

By jmorth on Nov 11, 2011 4:14 PM, concerning plant: Tazetta Daffodil (Narcissus 'Falconet')

Excellent forcer. Bulb can be used outside after forcing. Blooms in mid spring. Musky-sweet scent.
Good for southern gardens.

By pardalinum on Nov 11, 2011 3:48 PM, concerning plant: Lily (Lilium Pink Perfection)

Pink Perfection is sold as a strain so expect some variation in color. I was fortunate and got one that was quite dark pink.

By gingin on Nov 11, 2011 1:51 PM, concerning plant: Donkey Ears (Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri)

Got this plant at a swap. When I was told it made babies along the leaves, I thought: "Oh, no. Another mother of thousands!" So far it has been very well behaved for me, producing babies, but not taking over the world.

By gingin on Nov 11, 2011 1:43 PM, concerning plant: Wood Sorrel (Oxalis debilis)

Some would consider this invasive. I suppose to an extent it is. It has popped up in many of my pots, but I really don't mind as I love the pretty flowers. It's a nice groundcover under taller potted plants.

By gingin on Nov 11, 2011 1:37 PM, concerning plant: Eastern Red Cedar (Juniperus virginiana)

At Christmas when I make wreaths, I add cuttings of this...the blue of the berries adds color and interest.

By pardalinum on Nov 11, 2011 1:20 PM, concerning plant: Lily (Lilium 'Night Flyer')

Notice the slightly hairy bud. The presence of furry buds is an attribute than can assist in differentiating unknown lilies.

By pardalinum on Nov 11, 2011 1:08 PM, concerning plant: Lily (Lilium 'Neon Gold')

Hybridized by Lisa Hunt. Unregistered.

By jmorth on Nov 11, 2011 11:29 AM, concerning plant: Reticulated Iris (Iris reticulata)

Excellent subjects to force over winter.

By jmorth on Nov 11, 2011 1:50 AM, concerning plant: Joseph's Coat (Alternanthera ficoidea 'Red Threads')

A tropical perennial grown as a ground cover, edger, or in containers.
Can take cuttings or small plants from outside to grow under lights during winter. Can actually be a pretty fine house plant.
Native from Mexico to the tip of South America.

By jmorth on Nov 11, 2011 12:08 AM, concerning plant: Formal Decorative (Dahlia 'September Morn')

Introduced in 1987
Color deepens as weather starts to cool.

By jmorth on Nov 10, 2011 11:52 PM, concerning plant: Dahlia 'Tropic Sun'

Introduced in 1998.

By jmorth on Nov 10, 2011 11:42 PM, concerning plant: Waterlily Dahlia (Dahlia 'Summer's End')

Winner of the 1993 Derrill Hart Award.

By jmorth on Nov 10, 2011 8:07 PM, concerning plant: Semi Cactus Dahlia (Dahlia 'Pari Taha Sunrise')

Introduced in 1957.

By zuzu on Nov 10, 2011 6:08 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Alexandra Rose')

This is a nice landscape rose, even for people who aren't crazy about roses. It's very bushy, spreading out nicely. The canes are strong and hold the blooms erect. The rose is mostly self-cleaning and doesn't take up a lot of the gardener's time and energy.

By jmorth on Nov 10, 2011 6:06 PM, concerning plant: Lily (Lilium 'Starburst')

A very vibrant Asiatic that does well in mixed borders. From Buggy Crazy.

By zuzu on Nov 10, 2011 6:01 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Alchymist')

Even though this rose is a once-bloomer, I can't imagine not having it in my garden. The blooms are incredibly packed with petals and have a nice quartered form. The rose is classified as an "apricot blend," but the blooms can also be pink, yellow, buff, or any combination of those colors.

[ Give a thumbs up | 1 reply ]

By Marilyn on Nov 10, 2011 4:58 PM, concerning plant: Hummingbird Sage (Salvia coccinea 'Lady in Red')

This is my Mom's favorite, as well as mine. She always wants a container of 'Lady in Red' for Mother's Day from me every year. She and I love it, and the many hummingbirds that visit it love it too!

It self sows, has many blooming flowers, is a beautiful color of red, and is easy to maintain.

I plant many pots of it into containers, and the ones in the ground self sow from the previous year and I'll get more plants! Sometimes, it self sows from one container into another container and the next year, I'll get a new free plant!

By Horseshoe on Nov 10, 2011 4:08 PM, concerning plant: Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum 'Jet Star')

Excellent tomato both in growth habit and fruit production.

Firm, meaty fruit. One of the last of the truly "low acid" tomatoes still available. (Not recommended for canning due to its low-acidity.)

By Horseshoe on Nov 10, 2011 3:49 PM, concerning plant: Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum 'Supersonic')

One of the few hybrid tomatoes I grow; well worth growing.

Excellent growth habit, excellent flavor ("old fashioned flavor--acidic but not to excess); produces abundantly all summer.

By Horseshoe on Nov 10, 2011 3:30 PM, concerning plant: Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum 'Pink Girl')

A long time favorite in my area. Pink Girl produces extremely well up until frost.

Fruit is large (8 oz average) and juicy, smooth and highly crack resistant.

Page 902 of 989 • 1 ... 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 ... 989

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Hosta Kroosa Regal"