Page 906 of 941 • 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 941

By flaflwrgrl on Sep 29, 2011 7:32 PM, concerning plant: Orange Jessamine (Murraya paniculata 'Lakeview')

Absolutely heavenly scent! These plants start out a bit slow but once they have established they grow very quickly. At that time they also become quite drought tolerant. The birds love the berries & if you have mulch beneath the plant the dropped berries will sprout. This is a very tough plant with deep, deep, green, glossy leaves. It blooms off & on year round. Trimming is required every 3 mos. or so to keep it in bounds.
This plant is known to be a host of citrus greening but has not been banned from sale in Florida. Here's the official word from the Florida Dept. of Agriculture/Plant Industry Division:

Murraya paniculata is regulated like citrus with Rule/Chapter 5B-62. All propagation is required to be performed in an approved structure. There is not a ban on the sale of it.

By daylily on Sep 29, 2011 7:31 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Supreme Empire')

(Alpha Centauri × Tet. Siloam Medallion)
Lovely clear yellow to gold. Usually shows relief, often quite pronounced. Was one of the first daylilies on the market to have relief sculpting. Nice green throat.

By Dutchlady1 on Sep 29, 2011 7:30 PM, concerning plant: Plumeria (Plumeria rubra 'George Brown')

This is much more commonly known as 'Musk Rainbow'. This unusually colored variety comes from Australia.

[ Give a thumbs up | 2 replies ]

By stetchworth on Sep 29, 2011 7:26 PM, concerning plant: Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus syriacus 'Blue Bird')

This plant is a slow grower but well worth the wait. Lovely shade of light blue. Flowers about 3 inches large cover this bush every spring. In my zone of 8b it does not have to be mulched in the wintertime.

By daylily on Sep 29, 2011 7:25 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Penny's Worth')

(Pizza × (Daily Bread × Bitsy))
A favorite in my garden. Very small plant, looks like grass blades. Not many flowers per scape, but a very reliable rebloomer here in Ohio. Several sets of scapes per year. The color is a soft yellow, so it blends in well with perennials and can easily be worked into the front of the border.

By daylily on Sep 29, 2011 7:21 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Fad Gadget')

(Set the Style × Acquired Arcadian Bliss)
This plant has pleated every bloom for me. It is registered as cream polychrome, but for me, there is a lot of peachy tone to it. It instant reblooms, then reblooms later in the year. In Ohio, I have had 4 sets of scapes on it in one year.
Absolutely a favorite!

By stetchworth on Sep 29, 2011 7:19 PM, concerning plant: White Texas Star Hibiscus (Hibiscus coccineus 'Alba')

For me in Mississippi, this grows to about 10 feet tall with large showy white flowers. It is very easy to grow from seed. Each year I cut it back down to the ground in the winter and it comes back every spring.

By stetchworth on Sep 29, 2011 7:13 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Condilla')

I have a large clump of these and this year they started blooming in June and I had blooms constantly until the middle of September. Stalks are about 20 inches tall and the flower is about 4 inches. This is a beautiful shade of bright orange and it is a double flower.

By daylily on Sep 29, 2011 7:09 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure')

(Omega Supreme × Supreme Empire)
This plant often blooms until frost takes it down, on its original scapes. Great parent for bud builders. Pleats more often than not, and usually has relief sculpting.

By stetchworth on Sep 29, 2011 7:07 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Atlanta Full House')

My favorite of all the yellow daylilies that I have, with large sunny yellow blooms on stalks of about 25 inches tall. It is a good multiplier. The blooms are about 5 inches. Lovely next to some purple daylilies or other blue or purple flowers.

By dmac on Sep 29, 2011 7:02 PM, concerning plant: Moss Rose (Portulaca grandiflora 'Sundial Mix')

Love this plant and I have great success sowing it in place outside after last frost date. The flowers remind me of the crepe paper parade float flowers. Mine have survived some droughts and my poor watering schedule with flying colors. It's a bit tedious but you can collect seed from them as well.

By stetchworth on Sep 29, 2011 7:00 PM, concerning plant: Blue Sky Vine (Thunbergia grandiflora)

I have mine on an arbor and in the spring it comes up from the ground and is a very fast grower. It starts blooming around July in my area. It is a beautiful shade of blue with a yellow throat. I cut mine back down to the ground in the winter time before the first frost hits and I also mulch it. Comes back every spring.

By Newyorkrita on Sep 29, 2011 6:55 PM, concerning plant: Mexican Sunflower (Tithonia rotundifolia)

Flowers are highly attractive to both butterflies and hummingbirds. On top of that Goldfinches like to eat the seeds if you leave the dried flower heads. A very useful and beautiful flower.

By stetchworth on Sep 29, 2011 6:55 PM, concerning plant: Cupid's Bower (Achimenes longiflora)

These start out as rhizomes, which look very much like a small pine cone. My flowers are the blue ones, but they come in other colors as well. The blossoms are large on mine, over two inches, and they multiple over the years. The blooms last a couple of days. The plants bloom from about the end of July until the end of October. Plant them where they will get morning sun and afternoon shade.

By mom2goldens on Sep 29, 2011 6:53 PM, concerning plant: Wild Indigo (Baptisia x bicolor 'Starlite')

My plants took a while to get established, but on year 3 they really took off. It does need some space once it starts to mature. This particular variety has done especially well for me; love the color of it. It seems quite tolerant of heat and not particularly fussy about watering conditions. Mine has survived both drought and floods.

By kimbar on Sep 29, 2011 6:52 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Night Embers')

grows well in michigan beautiful color.

By Newyorkrita on Sep 29, 2011 6:51 PM, concerning plant: Sage (Salvia 'Indigo Spires')

This is my favorite Salvia. I plant it each spring as it always dies over winter here in my zone. Once it starts blooming it will not quit until a hard freeze.

Located on the north shore of Nassau County Long Island, NY zone 6/7 where it is humid in the summer.

By mom2goldens on Sep 29, 2011 6:47 PM, concerning plant: Bellflower (Campanula 'Kent Belle')

This plant has grown rather slowly in my zone 5 garden. I love the color and shape of the flowers. While not quite as showy as some of my other campanula, it is a nice background plant because of it's height. Blooms in late spring/early summer; does not seem prone to disease or insect problems. Seems to bloom better when it is not crowded by other plants.

By mom2goldens on Sep 29, 2011 6:42 PM, concerning plant: Spotted Bellflower (Campanula punctata 'Cherry Bells')

This plant can spread rather aggressively, but given the right spot can be very attractive. The drooping, cherry-colored flowers are huge and rather unique. It's not fussy about soil, and mine has done well in full sun - part shade. It lasts quite well as a cut flower.

By mom2goldens on Sep 29, 2011 6:38 PM, concerning plant: Coleus (Coleus scutellarioides Electric Lime®)

This coleus can grow rather large, and the bright green color makes quite a statement. I've found it to be reliable in part shade in the garden and in containers. It makes a striking accent to many other colors of foliage and flowers. It has become a "must have" coleus for me. Easy to propagate from cuttings.

Page 906 of 941 • 1 ... 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... 941

Today's site banner is by daylily and is called "Holy Guacamole"