Page 941 of 1006 • 1 ... 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 ... 1006

By Marilyn on Oct 16, 2011 5:49 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'North Wind Dancer')

North Wind Dancer just won the AHS Stout Medal for this year!

The Stout Medal is the highest award any Daylily can win! I'm so happy and excited! I've had NWD since Gary Schaben introduced it in 2001! Very beautiful flower all over and at all times! I love it!

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:47 PM, concerning plant: Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Spacecoast Fancy Dancer')

Hardy and tolerant of various growing conditions, this daylily has been a spectacular bloomer and repeat bloomer. Outstanding in the garden.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:44 PM, concerning plant: Dinnerplate Dahlia (Dahlia 'Akita')

This dahlia has performed wonderfully well in zone 7a in Tennessee. Spectacular dinnerplate size blooms offer an ever-changing coloration from darker to lighter tones and shades. The plant has been pest and disease free. A heavy bloomer, it begins blooming in late summer and continues until frost.

[ Give a thumbs up | 1 reply ]

By Betja on Oct 16, 2011 5:41 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Michel Cholet')

This miniature rose won the ARS Award of Excellence in 2001. It has a nice apricot color that can be more pink-apricot in cooler weather, and the older flowers do fade to very light apricot. I think it really is at its best as a tree rose, as it seems to have more petals and lots of blooms. It seems quite disease resistant, at least for me in our drier climate.

Betty Jacobs, Bakersfield, CA - Zone 9

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:33 PM, concerning plant: Echeveria (Echeveria agavoides)

Red coloration on edges increases with more intense direct sunlight.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:30 PM, concerning plant: Runner Bean (Phaseolus coccineus 'Painted Lady')

Prolific, pole-type Heirloom variety grown since the early 1800s. Produces a good crop of beans that can reach up to 12" long. Very flavorful. Approximately 80 days to harvest.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:20 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Cecile Brunner, Cl.')

Susceptible to black spot in humid summer weather here in Tennessee. Tolerant of varied soil conditions and wet soil as well as fairly good drought tolerance. A strong climber once established. Blooms tend to bleach out to a very pale pink with long periods in the intense sun but still very pretty.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:14 PM, concerning plant: Sweet Potato Vine (Ipomoea batatas 'Sweet Caroline Sweetheart Purple')

Drought tolerant, tolerates full sun very well, easy to grow. Good in the ground or in pots as a trailing vine.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:12 PM, concerning plant: Italian Parsley (Petroselinum crispum 'Italian Flat Leaf')

Host plant for the Black Swallowtail Butterfly (BST). Even if stripped by the caterpillars, the plant will generally return and produce continued growtht after the cats have left. Drought tolerant.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:08 PM, concerning plant: Living Stones (Lithops aucampiae)

Easily killed by too much water. Water sparingly during the growing season and cut back to almost no water in the winter. Only water if the plant appears to be shriveled. Protect from sun scald.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:06 PM, concerning plant: Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus 'Purity Superior')

Lovely, tall plant with large, pure white flowers. Fairly drought-tolerant and loves the sun. This plant was one of the most delightful surprises in my gardens this year.

By SongofJoy on Oct 16, 2011 5:03 PM, concerning plant: Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum 'Yellow Pear')

Prolific. Excellent mild flavor, relatively disease and trouble-free, long-lasting on the vine and after harvested.

By Newyorkrita on Oct 16, 2011 4:02 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Black Garnet')

Black Garnet does not put out many blooms, but each bloom that it does put out really lasts a long, long time. I don't know how to best describe these stunning deep blood-red blooms that have a very velvet look to them. Very thick full flowers. Like all my roses it does need spraying to keep clean of blackspot.

By Newyorkrita on Oct 16, 2011 3:41 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Cherry Parfait')

Striking blooms that vary in deepness of color thoughout the season. I loved my first Cherry Parfait so much I bought a second, so now I have one in my front yard and another in the sideyard rose garden. Like all my roses it does need spraying to keep clean of blackspot.

By Newyorkrita on Oct 16, 2011 3:36 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Citrus Splash')

I bought this as one of those milk carton roses a few years ago. A Jackson and Perkins rose. Great soft broken colors on the blooms.

By Newyorkrita on Oct 16, 2011 3:11 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Francois Rabelais')

One of the Romantica series of roses and in my opinion one of the prettiest. A small shrub that never tries to grow large for me. Beautiful strongly ruffled full blooms are on the small side and a color that is hard to describe. I have two of Francois Rabelais. One is in the front yard in Floribundaville and I loved it so much I added another in the backyard grouped with America and Ruffled Cloud.

By Newyorkrita on Oct 16, 2011 3:03 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Robusta')

Robusta left my garden due to the combo of truly wicked thorns and long leggy canes that wanted to spread and take up much much more room than I had given it. I did so just love, love, love the vivid red flowers that were exceptionally pretty. Yes, it blackspots very easily.

By Newyorkrita on Oct 16, 2011 2:56 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Hot Cocoa')

Hot Cocoa is one of those roses with really unusually colored blooms that one either loves or hates. Almost terracotta colored. I love it. Another thing that really stands out on this rose is the exceptional foliage. Shiny, deep green foliage needs either no or very little spraying.

By Newyorkrita on Oct 16, 2011 2:50 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Topsy Turvy')

Unusual flower with the red inside and silver reverse. Quite striking. A low-growing floribunda which makes a small shrub in my garden. Don't plant it in the back as it will get lost in the sea of blooms.

By porkpal on Oct 16, 2011 2:46 PM, concerning plant: Rose (Rosa 'Robusta')

My Robustas are tall, leggy shrubs with leaves only at the tips of the canes and wicked thorns. The blooms repeat fairly well here near the Texas Gulf Coast but are fragile and shatter easily. They would be at their best at the back of a bed.

Page 941 of 1006 • 1 ... 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 ... 1006

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Poppy Fancy Feathers"