Viewing comments posted by BonniePega

1 found:

[ Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima) | Posted on January 3, 2020 ]

Are poinsettias poisonous?
There is an urban legend that says poinsettias are highly toxic, but according to POISINDEX (the primary source used by Poison Control Centers), a 50-pound child would actually have to eat around 500 leaves to have a toxic reaction. It's still best to discourage pets and children from tasting it as it can cause nausea and diarrhea. If you have sensitive skin or a latex allergy, however, the sap can cause contact dermatitis.

« View BonniePega's profile

Member Login:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by lauriemorningglory and is called "Heart of the Sunflower"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.