Data specific to Lilies (Edit)
||I. Asiatic Hybrids
General Plant Information (Edit)
Full Sun to Partial Shade
||Other: Pink to light yellowish pink.
||Other: All parts of the plant are lethal to cats
||Will not come true from seed
Other info: Species lilies will come true from seed; cultivars and hybrids will not.
|Propagation: Other methods:
Other: Bulb scaling.
- Asiatic lily (tetraploid)
Posted by Australis
(Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - Zone 10b) on Nov 29, 2016 4:39 AM concerning plant:
Due to confusion with this cultivar and a few similar lilies, I strongly recommend checking with the RHS lily register to confirm the identity of the plant. A few key distinctions between the often-confused 'My Joe Ann', 'Pink Flavour' and 'Pearl Jessica' lilies are:
- A photo of 'Pearl Jessica' is available on the Lily Company BV's website (who released the cultivar originally).
- 'My Joe Ann' is recorded as growing to 1.2-1.5m and 'Pink Flavour' to 1.2m, but 'Pearl Jessica' is recorded as only 0.7m.
- 'My Joe Ann' has a (darker) pink throat, whilst 'Pink Flavour' has a light yellow-green throat and 'Pearl Jessica' has a light yellow-orange throat.
- Hankz also notes that 'My Joe Ann' is often mislabelled; his plant had near-black stems (the register says they are mid-green) and no secondary buds
Plant Events from our members
» Post your own event for this plant
||On December 9, 2017
« Add a new plant to the database
» Search the Lilies Database: by characteristics or by cultivar name
« See the general plant entry for Lilies (Lilium)
« Visit the Lilies forum
« The Lilies Database Front Page
« The Plants Database Front Page