This is a quiz from Ludwigs latest newsletter. If you live in South Aftrica, and answer the questions correctly, the first 10 people will win 10 rose plants! Oh, how I wish they were still here in the US--not that I have room for 10 more rose plants. So no winning of rose plants from me or this site! However, I thought this might be fun to see your responses. Here is the quiz.
Just for Fun
We have put together this rose quiz for you to test your rose knowledge and have a little bit of fun. It is
probably a good idea to consult your catalogue.
The first 10 replies answered correctly will win 10 plants each. The winners can then collect the roses of
their choice from any one of our branches after the lockdown.
1. A rose named in honour of a South African lady who is an expert on historical roses and has
published a world renowned, perfectly illustrated book on them.
2. A Heritage rose of which the blooms are truly green in colour.
3. A very popular climber that is fragrant and is named after important festive decor.
4. A favourite, intensely scented David Austin English rose named after an Arabic noblewoman.
5. An exceptional landscape rose that profusely provides colour and honours women in the third
6. A rose named after an advocate who has championed clean governance in SA.
7. An Australian slang name for a lady and the scent she wears.
8. A Hybrid Tea rose named after a colour.
9. A green‐cream variety named after a state most of us are in at the moment.
10. A striped miniature rose named after a legendary children's story.
11. A shrub rose that shares its name with a fruit of the same colour.
12. A highly fragrant, orange to coral‐red rose with a German name.
13. A Hybrid Tea named after a cellular telephone and fruit.
14. A brilliant red Floribunda aptly named after an accessory for tiny beings.
15. Two strongly fragrant Hybrid Tea varieties, that share the same first part of their name, the one
being a delicate pink sport of the other.
16. What are roses that are naturally fungus disease resistant labelled as?
17. A Hybrid Tea that is named after something that can melt.
18. A climbing miniature named after a facial sign of good health and vigour.
19. A Panarosa named after an euphemisms for drunken hallucination.
20. The most popular rose in South Africa.
So, if you happen to live in South Africa, check out Ludwig's site if you know the answers to these questions and win 10 rose bushes of your choice from the ones he carries at his nursery.