Thank you all for your replies. I tried to take a cutting and followed some guidelines but sadly, after a week, it show definite signs of 'no return'. The weather has been warm now for only a week so maybe since spring was late this year, I'll wait until end of May to transplant my little lavender shoots. Thank you again for your suggestions. It's very much appreciated.