new apartment and new issues.
Couple weeks back I bought ready-made herbs (I didn't start from seeds). They were in pretty abysmal small pots with way too fast drainage and in relatively sorry state. I kept them in those pots, waiting until there aren't any chances of frost again and now I am moving them out.
However, I have noticed a few issues with the plants. Googling revealed, that the issue might be powdery mildew. That is most noticeable on the mint below:
However, there are weird spots on other plants as well, namely rosemary, satureja and oregano is looking pretty weird too.
Few reasons that come to mind:
- I had to water the plants heavily every evening, the water was draining way too fast and plants looked too dry.
- I also watered the leaves directly with pretty much tap water. Always in the evening however, never on the direct sun.
- Powdery mildew, considering that the area around the plants might have been fairly humid.
- Spider mites, which infested my Ficus elastica. That has however in the meantime been sorted and I can't say I've seen any signs of the mites themselves. No webbings, no red nor black "smearable" stuff on the bottom of the leaves.
- And maybe it's absolutely nothing and I am a drama queen again.
In the meantime I have moved the plants into bigger pots, leaving them outside during the warm day and moving them back inside during cold nights.
I have also removed whatever leaves might have looked like have been attacked by the "culprit".
Any advice would be welcome. Thank you.