Post a reply

Avatar for Musclechic114
May 10, 2020 5:50 AM CST
Decatur, Il
I am trying to find this particular daylily. I live in Central Illinois. It is called "Capri in July"
Thank you for your help.
Avatar for oneeyeluke
May 11, 2020 3:38 AM CST
Name: one-eye-luke US.Vet.
Texas (Zone 8a)
Quitter's never Win
Birds Cat Lover Dog Lover Hummingbirder Organic Gardener
I can't find that plant, do you know the scientific name by any chance?
NOT A EXPERT! Just a grow worm! I never met a plant I didn’t love.✌
Avatar for Musclechic114
May 11, 2020 6:17 AM CST
Decatur, Il
oneeyeluke said:I can't find that plant, do you know the scientific name by any chance?
Thank you for looking

Hemerocallis 'Capri In July'
'Capri in July' (Elliott, 1995)
scape height 26 in, (66 cm)
bloom size 7 in, (18 cm)
bloom season Midseason-Late,
Rebloom
ploidy Diploid
foliage type Semi-Evergreen
bloom habit Extended
seedling # UNK-85-93RECP
Image
May 11, 2020 8:27 AM CST
Plants Admin
Name: Suzanne/Sue
Sebastopol, CA (Zone 9a)
Sunset Zone 15
Plant Database Moderator Region: California Cottage Gardener Garden Photography Roses Clematis
Houseplants Foliage Fan Keeper of Poultry Dog Lover Birds Hummingbirder
Here is our database entry for Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Capri In July')
Joy's photo, if you click to enlarge it, has a clickable link to a nursery that the photo came from, Tranquil Lake Nursery. I just checked their list and they don't seem to be carrying it anymore but you may want to try to contact them.
Some of these older lesser known ones just simply disappear from commerce.
My gardening Blog!
Handmade quilts, new & vintage fabrics in my Etsy store. Summer Song Cottage
Instagram Sewing posts
Image
May 11, 2020 9:49 AM CST
Name: Maurice
Grey County, Ontario (Zone 4b)
Wildwood Farms lists 'Capri in July' in their 2019 price list. They do not appear to have updated it for 2020 yet. You might try contacting them.

http://www.wildwoodfarmsdaylil...

Wildwood Farms
2380 Floyd Highway South, Floyd, VA 24091

e-mail: info@wildwoodfarmsdaylilies.com
Phone: 540-745-5155
Maurice
Avatar for Musclechic114
May 11, 2020 10:25 AM CST
Decatur, Il
Calif_Sue said:Here is our database entry for Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Capri In July')
Joy's photo, if you click to enlarge it, has a clickable link to a nursery that the photo came from, Tranquil Lake Nursery. I just checked their list and they don't seem to be carrying it anymore but you may want to try to contact them.
Some of these older lesser known ones just simply disappear from commerce.


Thank you so very much. I am very new to daylilies and this is my second day on this forum. Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate the help!
Avatar for Musclechic114
May 11, 2020 10:27 AM CST
Decatur, Il
admmad said:Wildwood Farms lists 'Capri in July' in their 2019 price list. They do not appear to have updated it for 2020 yet. You might try contacting them.

http://www.wildwoodfarmsdaylil...

Wildwood Farms
2380 Floyd Highway South, Floyd, VA 24091

e-mail: info@wildwoodfarmsdaylilies.com
Phone: 540-745-5155


I just emailed them. Thank you so much. I am very new to gardening and I appreciate the help. Karen
Last edited by Calif_Sue May 11, 2020 11:50 AM Icon for preview
Avatar for Musclechic114
May 26, 2020 1:22 PM CST
Decatur, Il
admmad said:Wildwood Farms lists 'Capri in July' in their 2019 price list. They do not appear to have updated it for 2020 yet. You might try contacting them.

http://www.wildwoodfarmsdaylil...

Wildwood Farms
2380 Floyd Highway South, Floyd, VA 24091

e-mail: info@wildwoodfarmsdaylilies.com
Phone: 540-745-5155



Maurice: Thank you so much for the information on "Capri in July". My daylily arrived today from Wildwood Farms!!! Appreciate the help!
Last edited by Calif_Sue May 26, 2020 2:40 PM Icon for preview
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by IrisLilli and is called "Variegated Brunnera"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.